Steps on How to Properly Replace Wiper Blades
Do you remember the last time you had your windshield wipers replaced? If not, it’s probably time to do so. Whether you are starting to get streaks or are hearing chattering when your windshield wipers run, it’s a good idea to make sure that they are ready to go for when a storm rolls in. Thankfully, this replacement doesn’t require a mechanic and is very cheap to do. Here, learn how to change windshield wipers on an Acura.
- Check your wiper blade size. Some wipers will be longer than others. To determine the size that fits your vehicle, check your owner’s manual or measure your current wiper.
- Lift the wiper arm and depress the tab on its underside. This will release the blade and allow you to pull it out in a downwards motion.
- Replace with the new wiper blade. Listen for a click as the tab you depressed earlier will secure your wiper blade in place. If you aren’t sure if it clicked, try removing it and see if it moves.
- Repeat for the other arm. It’s recommended that both wipers get replaced at the same time.
- Test your wipers. Use your windshield washer fluid and see if the wipers are wiping the fluid off correctly. If not, double check that your wipers were inserted properly. If they are and you’re still having issues, there may be an issue with the arm itself.
[ READ MORE: Checklist for Preparing Your Car for Winter ]
Schedule Vehicle Maintenance at Radley Acura
Does your Acura need regular maintenance completed? Are you worried about a persistent problem you’ve been having? Schedule vehicle maintenance at Radley Acura and one of our service experts will take a look, regardless if you drive an Acura or not. Also, be sure to follow the Radley Acura blog for everything Acura and automotive in general!