Spring Driving Safety Tips for the Washington DC Area
Things are starting to warm up in the DC area, which means it’s time to get out and enjoy spring. Although winter is usually seen as the dangerous driving season, the truth is that all seasons come with their automotive hazards and concerns. That’s why we’re here to provide you with some spring driving safety tips for those living in or near the Washington DC area.
Keep in mind that not all of these driving hazards will apply all season long, and some may be more of a danger at certain times of the season. That’s why it’s always best to be aware of all of these safety tips before hitting the road.
[Read more: Smart ways to use your tax return money on your car]
- Watch out for flooded areas that can arise from snow and ice melting. They’re often deeper than they appear on the surface.
- Though it’s getting warmer, temperatures can still drop at night, increasing the chance of black ice and slick driving conditions.
- Foggy conditions also seem to pop up this time of year, especially in the morning. Have your lights on, or fog lights if you have them, and proceed with caution.
- Later in the spring, stormy weather can start popping up. In case of hail, try to park your car in a garage if possible.
- Just like you, there are others who want to get out and enjoy the warm weather. Watch out for people walking, jogging or biking along the side of the road. You should also watch out for dogs and other animals.
- Beware of damaged roadways. Winter can take a toll on road conditions, leaving behind potholes, which you’ll want to avoid so that your car doesn’t get damaged.
Now that you have some of these spring driving safety tips in mind for the Washington DC area, be sure to return to the Radley Acura blog for more tips and tricks.